JOIN FREE!
  << Back to the Index
OP Contact Card Symbol

User Competition: May Weight Loss Total (lbs.)

Lyn💛

This thread is for discussion about the user competition: May Weight Loss Total (lbs.) - which runs from 05/01/2020 through 05/31/2020.

Diane Replied:

Ok, I am in.

Time Out (Alex) Replied:

In all the way!

Starting the month at 182, goal is to be 176 - 178. Of course I will take being less too!

Lyn💛 Replied:

I'd like to make this a 10 pound loss month. Well, actually I would like to make it a 50 pound loss month...

Time Out (Alex) Replied:

That would be awesome 50 lbs, I would be done.

Thulz💕 Replied:

I am starting the month at 303.6 lbs
I want to really use this month for progress.
I'm going for 25 lbs.
I don't know if this is an achievable goal or not because frankly I have yet to give myself the opportunity to find out.

The only thing I know is that it will be impossible if I continue to do the 1 step forward 2 steps back no-change cha-cha that I've been doing on the weekly challenges all the while convincing myself that I am making some progress.

Let's go for it ladies!!

Lyn💛 Replied:

We've got this!!!

Diane Replied:

I am aiming at the first 10 lbs of many.

Thulz💕 Replied:

5 of the 25lbs done. And now the most crucial part...to keep the momentum and make progress in the next week as well.

Lyn💛 Replied:

Yes, let's keep this going!

Thulz💕 Replied:

This whole month has been a wash. Who am I kidding...looking at my run rate for the year, I'd say since Covid started I lost my momentum
This week I've started again getting back on track and focusing on the minimum baseline which is not to eat junk food during the week.
Also, this week I realised that I had running news in the background or twitter when I'm not working - not sure how I ended up being this sucked in. This week I haven't listened to much news since the president announced the opening of alcohol, churches and 2 grades at school.

All that is in the news cycle is political or fear vitriol and this week I decided to see what happens if I tune out:
- I detangled and washed my 4C hair - took about 6 hours in between meetings but I finally did it.
- I did a few days of walking still in the lounge - it's the dead of winter and we are only allowed to exercise between 6 - 9 am
- Most importantly, I broke the streak of eating junk food for 14 days straight the past 2 weeks.

I am not saying this was the direct cause, but my constant attention on it meant I wasn't paying attention to me and the underlying stress and fear that had now become part of me - Afterall, where attention goes, energy flows

Lyn💛 Replied:

Absolutely Thulz...where attention goes, energy flows. That pretty much sums it all up, doesn't it?! I see great things happening for all of us in June!

Thulz💕 Replied:

I agree Lyn... I am humbly ready

Time Out (Alex) Replied:

Oh ladies, am I in for June. I started the month at 182 and I am ending it at around 185 - 186. What did I do??? I too got sucked into news and this crap. Snacking was really bad. I'm not happy with my choices or the results, however I'm trying to not let that make me depressed and super hard on myself either. Chin up, and here we go AGAIN! I'm ready too!

Thulz💕 Replied:

Lyn I just checked the board for May... you did freaking amazing, lady!!! Well done I'm really proud of you

Thulz💕 Replied:

You guys know I'm very big on Awareness.
One of the things we can all be proud of is that as we rise and fall...none of us are indulging in unconsciousness!!
This is a big deal because just like you also said Alex, we are making a connection between our state of mind and our results.
Which means we all know that we can channel our thoughts in a way that serves us regardless of what is happening out there.
This makes the lack of result not a failure but a lesson... as long as we choose to learn it of course

Lyn💛 Replied:

Thanks Thulz! I was feeling defeated as i stayed the same this week but I need to look at the big picture and know that I am inching downward. It is great always having you guys here to support me, it helps more than you can imagine.

Time Out (Alex) Replied:

Great job Lyn!

The opinions expressed on this forum may not represent the opinions of StartYourDiet.com. Please consult your physician to determine the weight, nutrition and exercise levels that are best for you.