JOIN FREE!
  << Back to the Index
OP Contact Card Symbol

User Competition: Stretch and Move

Jeanne- CE!

This thread is for discussion about the user competition: Stretch and Move - which runs from 06/01/2020 through 06/30/2020.

Jeanne- CE! Replied:

I need this, and hope it will shoo away the perfectionist vampires and help me to be at peace with "whatever I can do with whatever I got" on any given day. Anything counts! I set it up for journal, but just posting here only is great too, if your dots and journal entries are being used in another way.

Time Out (Alex) Replied:

I like it. Stretch & Move is so important, especially in my job that I sit all day. I have one of those desks that can also go into standing position and I still don't stand enough either. I'm going to clean my desk up so I can change it to standing more often. Right now papers are everywhere and I feel confused. After I file things away or shred them I should be able to switch things easier.
I'm in!

Diane Replied:

Oh I like this one. I'm in.

Lyn💛 Replied:

I'm in!

Time Out (Alex) Replied:

I cleaned up my desk on Friday, and I can stretch & move while working too!

Jeanne- CE! Replied:

I have done my yoga/p.t. stretches; still plan one more neck p.t., and hoping my moving will be an after dinner bike ride; if it rains I will bounce on rebounder!

I am planning to post in my journal every day if I met my stretch and move goal for the day; at the very least I'll try to post on this thread.

Time Out (Alex) Replied:

I did 40 min walk and 30 min last chance dvd. I'm done with heavy exercise. I might take the dog for a little walk after dinner. I will stop during the day to stand up and work on the computer. Actually I'm going to do it right now.

Jeanne- CE! Replied:

I'll state my intentions here in the morning, and do journal- one click at end of day as to whether I achieved the stretch and move goal for the day, rather than try to remember to come back. I feel lucky to know what day it is, haha! I like what Thulz said on another thread, about not adding in unnecessary return posts if the main point has already been met.

So, today I will do my p.t. stretching and gentle moving, neck p.t. stretch on denneroll (aka "the curb", and bounce on rebounder.

Lyn💛 Replied:

I did yoga today and yesterday.

Diane Replied:

Right now I am only walking in small increments. I go to the dr about my knee tomorrow.

deb Replied:

I do a stretching routine for my lower back. I should do them every day but I sometimes forget! My back hurt yesterday after cleaning the house so I made sure to stretch this morning!

Time Out (Alex) Replied:

Did Treadmill and Biggest Loser DVD yesterday and today.

Jeanne- CE! Replied:

I have done yoga stretches, p.t. neck stretch, and plank. Nice bike ride with G scheduled for after early dinner!

Jeanne- CE! Replied:

Today's plan is to do my p.t. stretch routine, take a zoomed Bikram yoga class if it times out, otherwise bounce on rebounder.

Time Out (Alex) Replied:

Treadmill and DVD done!

Diane Replied:

My knee is arthritis. I have stretching exercises and just basic walking and when I feel more up to it more walking... The key he said was keeping the joints lubricated. Don't sit for long periods of time. So I have walked, then I will stretch.

Diane Replied:

With the exercises the dr gave me, I realized how weak my muscles are. More stretching and walking today.

Jeanne- CE! Replied:

Today I will finish off my stretching with my neck p.t. and bounce to upbeat music on the rebounder. Yesterday I ended up doing an online vinyasa yoga instead of the Bikram zoomed class. I felt like the tin man, so one more reason for lots of stretching needed!

Diane Replied:

Tin man is how I feel. Today I will stretch and move and stretch some more. I am loving yoga because you can feel the difference so quickly.

Jeanne- CE! Replied:

Today I will do all p.t. stretches, and either yoga or bounce on rebounder. Temps are climbing to mid 90s. 90 is about my limit for outdoor workouts except for Bikram yoga, which is 105 in the studios.

Time Out (Alex) Replied:

Friday moved on the treadmill. I'm about to go on the treadmill and do a video.

Lyn💛 Replied:

So far so good, let's see if i can keep it going while in vacation mode!

Diane Replied:

I have done walking and stretching and today I will do a little more yoga. Its all good and the weight is coming off as well.

Jeanne- CE! Replied:

I will do the rest of my stretching, then yoga or rebounder later.

Lyn💛 Replied:

Yesterday was the first day I missed. So busy all day I just plain forgot. Today I will not let that happen!

Diane Replied:

Yesterday I got in the pool and did laps and also stretched

Time Out (Alex) Replied:

I did not do heavy exercise this weekend as it's usually my rest days. So I met my goal of not moving much.

Jeanne- CE! Replied:

Today I'll do all of my p.t. stretches, and bounce on rebounder.

Jeanne- CE! Replied:

Yesterday ended up being stretching only. This morning I will take a streamed vinyasa yoga class, and add in some additional p.t. stretches later in the day.

Lyn💛 Replied:

I did a minuscule amount of yoga yesterday, but it counts! lol

Time Out (Alex) Replied:

I missed yesterday.
Today I did Treadmill and DVD.

Jeanne- CE! Replied:

I did the zoom Bikram yoga class yesterday and really liked it. Bikram yoga at the studio is smelly on a good day and I have a dog nose, so it was great to be in my own little nest with Chaz cheering me on! Today I've done my neck p.t. and will do a bit more later. Moving will be walking and bouncing.

Jeanne- CE! Replied:

Today's stretch will be all of my p.t. stuff, and I will move on the rebounder and hopefully get out for an evening walk.

Lyn💛 Replied:

I missed yesterday, traveling and unpacking and it just slipped my mind. In my mind that is at least a little better than opting out.

Jeanne- CE! Replied:

Today's plan is to do my p.t. stretches, and walk or bounce

Jeanne- CE! Replied:

Carpet installation all day today, and I am the overseer! I will take stretch breaks from my online and paperwork, and sneak in some rebounder bouncing if and when the crew goes to lunch. I know I could do it with them here, but I'm not going to; it was bad enough when I practiced while painters were in the house a couple of months ago!

Jeanne- CE! Replied:

Yesterday was more of the same: a work crew all day, and other plans in the evening; so I chose no intentional stretching and moving. Today though, I will do vinyasa yoga and my p.t. neck stuff.

Lyn💛 Replied:

I did plenty of isometric exercises today holding my body stiff painting on a roof gable and then clenching my butt cheeks together on a high ladder. LOL But I will still do yoga later today.

Jeanne- CE! Replied:

Lyn!

Jeanne- CE! Replied:

Online yoga class today

Diane Replied:

I did so much weeding and using the hoe in the garden my legs were killing me. My hamstrings especially.

Jeanne- CE! Replied:

Today I'll do the rest of my p.t. stuff and bounce on the rebounder. I need some more vigorous movement today to chase away the pandemic blahs!

Jeanne- CE! Replied:

I'll have lots of movement today with what I'm doing in the house, and my intentional activity will be neck traction, yoga, and maybe rebounder bouncing, depending on house stuff.

Jeanne- CE! Replied:

All p.t. stretches and rebounder bouncing are on today's agenda.

Lyn💛 Replied:

Today's plan is yoga and hopefully something else.

Jeanne- CE! Replied:

Neck p.t. and yoga in some form or fashion are on the list for the day.

Jeanne- CE! Replied:

Today I will do all p.t. and bounce on rebounder.

Lyn💛 Replied:

yoga and probably a chloe ting workout

Jeanne- CE! Replied:

I need to get outdoors and wander off from the house today, so I will bust a move outdoors, and do my neck p.t.

Lyn💛 Replied:

i did not do anything yesterday

Diane Replied:

Today I will walk and do yoga

Jeanne- CE! Replied:

All of my p.t. today, plus walking.

Lyn💛 Replied:

I missed again yesterday. Today I won't let that happen.

Jeanne- CE! Replied:

Yesterday was bare minimum but counted. Today I'll do all of my p.t. and bounce.

Lyn💛 Replied:

I am on a roll, and not in the good way...

Jeanne- CE! Replied:

The plan for today is a live streamed yoga class from my sweet little studio that I am currently not attending in person, despite wonderful precautions and safety measures implemented on their part; plus an active day home in general.

Jeanne- CE! Replied:

Big stretch day today: all of my p.t. plus walking and bouncing.

Lyn💛 Replied:

I want to say I will work out today...

Jeanne- CE! Replied:

Today is all p.t. and bouncing. 27/30 days stretching and moving for the month of June. I'm in the groove now until I'm not!

Lyn💛 Replied:

Well done Jeanne! I wish I could say the same.

The opinions expressed on this forum may not represent the opinions of StartYourDiet.com. Please consult your physician to determine the weight, nutrition and exercise levels that are best for you.