JOIN FREE!
  << Back to the Index
OP Contact Card Symbol

User Competition: August Wellness: Go For The Green!

Jeanne- CE!

This thread is for discussion about the user competition: August Wellness: Go For The Green! - which runs from 08/01/2020 through 08/31/2020.

Jeanne- CE! Replied:

This is open to everyone, in any way that works! The focus is doing our best and being here for each other, not beating ourselves up when life happens and we take a step back.

I will strive for a healthy rotation of wellness areas that keep me in balance: clean eating, hydration, stretching and moving, sleep/down time, things that make my heart sing: chosen family (including furfam), music, chef skills; and practice self-kindness on those days when life happens and I made the best choices I could under the circumstances.

I will make a conscious effort to seriously limit my un-fun/unhealthy screen time, which I seem to repeatedly let myself get sucked into if I am not regularly monitoring the situation.

Denise Replied:

Thanks Jeanne! I deleted my facebook account and that has helped immensely. I need to limit my youtube time though. I find that has creeped into more of time ever so slowly. I see that they eliminated all those User challenges. That's new!

Jeanne- CE! Replied:

I'm ready for all the green this month!

Jeanne- CE! Replied:

Staying green! Thankfully unfair gains don't mess with me the way they used to; I'd rather have the inner peace of living in wellness than to let the scale dictate my mood (my body cares how I choose to react to things- the scale doesn't), and the reduced negative screen time is already helping. I don't consciously choose negative screen time; I get sucked in without a conscious effort.

Jeanne- CE! Replied:

Today I'll do my p.t. and throw in some more movement, says my body.

Lyn💛 Replied:

I'm planning on yoga this evening for sure and hoping to do a little something else too. We shall see...

Jeanne- CE! Replied:

Balance has been pretty good.

Jeanne- CE! Replied:

Planning on a zoom bikram yoga class late afternoon, and a nice music practice session after. I also feel better having less focus on politics and the pandemic (maybe I should call that P-P lol!), neither of which support the greater good or my part therein. I neither have my head in the sand nor am glued to every breaking news announcement that contradicts the previous one. Really it's about doing what I can and letting go of what I can't; a challenge for the empath.

Jeanne- CE! Replied:

Today's wellness focus is on all of my p.t. and moving intentionally whether it be in the house, on foot, or on my bike. Lots of music making today too- singing and clarinet.

Lyn💛 Replied:

I will do yoga when I get home. Even though I won't feel like it. LOL

Jeanne- CE! Replied:

More p.t. and lots of light movement in store for the day. I am still sore from the Bikram yoga wake-up call two days ago (it is 26 postures and 1 1/2 hrs), so I will continue to press through. I have a friend who is a personal trainer, and whenever anyone complains about soreness, he says "good!" then proceeds to work rather than rest the sore areas (not to pain of course). I am ready to up my physical fitness, so I will do it anyway! Music is also a must for this day. I played and sang a lot yesterday, and it did my heart and soul good; so why do I ever miss a day?

Lyn💛 Replied:

I actually felt like doing yoga yesterday. Woo hoo!

Jeanne- CE! Replied:

Already did a zoom Bikram yoga class, will get in a good music session (singing and playing), and appreciate my favorite place- my home!

Jeanne- CE! Replied:

I thought I'd never have this mindset, but am honestly at a pretty peaceful place with my week of weight plateau and bump-up. I know what good choices are for my body, and I have been on track and will continue to be. Actually didn't get to the music yesterday, so it is high priority today; just had more scheduled than what was possible yesterday.

Lyn💛 Replied:

That is great Jeanne! I am in a good place as well. Which is surprising because I feel like I am not getting the results I should be. So I guess the result I needed most at this point is just being okay with where I am! I see how that worked...

Jeanne- CE! Replied:

Staying on track and out of trouble! Taking time for music and lots of furfam time; the grrrls are 9 years old today!

Lyn💛 Replied:

I've been on track as well. Happy birthday to your puppy girls!

Jeanne- CE! Replied:

Oh how I need my music, and am happy and grateful for that gift! Meanwhile, staying the course.

Jeanne- CE! Replied:

Today's balance includes practice, yoga, and down time this evening with Gary and the furfam. Today is also a great day to limit the news intake.

Jeanne- CE! Replied:

I will focus on the positive as I continue to see people hanging on to the end of their already shorter rope. I will get lost in some great music vibes today, and treat my body (my temple) as the wonderful creation that it is.

Lyn💛 Replied:

I will do yoga and meditate. I need both of those things today.

Jeanne- CE! Replied:

I will positively contribute to my mental health by enjoying a nice chunk of down time with BFF girl Di, practice like nobody's watching, appreciate and enjoy my home.

Jeanne- CE! Replied:

I need to sing today, will also practice clarinet, do some fun stuff in the kitchen, try to relax and enjoy whatever I'm doing wherever I am. Ultimate goal to be content in all circumstances. Loving the reduction of news intake, especially that which is not expressed civilly or truthfully.

Lyn💛 Replied:

I'm working at the house again today but will be sure to do my yoga no matter what. I need it.

Jeanne- CE! Replied:

Still not singing much, and I miss it. Today I will make music and honor my body (my temple) with choices that support wellness. I may have to start adding in bouncing on the rebounder more on these heat advisory days. I am working out consistently but feel like I just plain need to move faster and harder some days.

Jeanne- CE! Replied:

Yesterday turned out to be more of a downtime day than I had planned; it was just what I needed, and it eventually felt good to have honored my body in the way it was telling me. Today I'm ready to do my p.t. routine and some upper body work, and enjoy playing and singing.

Lyn💛 Replied:

Well, I skipped yoga for wine tonight. I may regret it tomorrow but right now I'm loving my decision. LOL

Jeanne- CE! Replied:

Today I get to prepare a nice meal for chofam, which will be fun, and music is a must. Grateful to be navigating life with the absolute most wonderful, loving, talented, hard working, hilarious, loyal peeps ever, both in person and online!

Jeanne- CE! Replied:

Keeping the wellness rotation in motion, fitting in what best works within this day.

Lyn💛 Replied:

I have not been doing my yoga, I'm exhausted by the time I get home and I know I'm supposed to do it anyway but I don't think I physically can at the moment. Soon all this house construction will be over and I will get my life back.

Jeanne- CE! Replied:

Today I will enjoy the uniqueness that make my home my favorite place to BE.

Jeanne- CE! Replied:

Lyn, you are getting real life workouts every day lately! I know it's not the same as the yoga you love and need, though. When I worked in public school, I would often have my 10,000 steps in before noon; now I have to plan to get enough movement in. And I know several whose jobs involve a lot of physical labor and are very physically fit despite no dedicated workout.

Jeanne- CE! Replied:

Today, all day, I will make the best wellness choice for the circumstances.

Jeanne- CE! Replied:

Extra time and attention on music, and making the most of the present moment even when it's something I don't want to do such as bills or some mundane but necessary house chore. I'm never late on these things and I don't let house things go by the wayside, but I am great at allowing myself to live distracted and do anything but what I'm trying to avoid.

Lyn💛 Replied:

I am bad about procrastinating when it comes to things that i don't want to do. Really bad.

Jeanne- CE! Replied:

I'll enjoy the balance today. The basics: clean eating, hydration, stretching and moving- are consistently in place. The fun stuff may be even more important than the basics, who knows?

Jeanne- CE! Replied:

Do what I can, let go of what I can't.

Jeanne- CE! Replied:

Live in the present moment.

Jeanne- CE! Replied:

Planning on zoom Bikram yoga if I get home in time, practice, unstructured evening time before bed.

Jeanne- CE! Replied:

Upper body weight work, practice, early to bed for super early morning tomorrow.

Lyn💛 Replied:

I've been doing my yoga and upping my game and it feels good.

Jeanne- CE! Replied:

Today my backpack is filled with various fun and adulting activities, as I am getting out the door super early and will be gone several hours; relaxed time this evening.

Jeanne- CE! Replied:

Today's balance includes some creative chef time, music making, and good old fashioned feel good down time!

Jeanne- CE! Replied:

Make the most of the gift of this day!

Jeanne- CE! Replied:

Enjoy relaxed dinner and evening with the hubs, and appreciate what does get done vs. what is still on my list.

The opinions expressed on this forum may not represent the opinions of StartYourDiet.com. Please consult your physician to determine the weight, nutrition and exercise levels that are best for you.