JOIN FREE!
  << Back to the Index
OP Contact Card Symbol

User Competition: Thankful For Wellness In November!

Jeanne- CE!

This thread is for discussion about the user competition: Thankful For Wellness In November! - which runs from 11/01/2020 through 11/30/2020.

Lyn💛 Replied:

Looking forward to it!

Jeanne- CE! Replied:

The general plan is to do what works for me: clean eating (including occasional planned treats), proper hydration, adequate sleep/rest, and meditation/prayer daily, along with a regular rotation of music practice, intentional exercise, and chef time. I will still call it green when a day goes crazy and I have made the best choices I could under the circumstances.

The specific plan is to do both intentional exercise and music practice for at least 15 minutes each, for 5 out of 7 days each week. I will also state something that I am grateful for each day.

Lyn💛 Replied:

My plan is to do yoga, meditate and cook healthy foods most days. (and eat healthy foods all days...) Things have been so crazy around here, I am looking forward to a bit of normalcy. We still have a long way to go but for the most part we are settled in and can start to function as normal humans again. I plan to focus on self care this month as that has been severely neglected.

Sharon VA Replied:

Good morning. I am back again, and have worked out new routines to help me celebrate and improve my wellness as a newly retired person. My plan is to develop the habit of healthy routines to make my retirement enjoyable and satisfying.

Jeanne- CE! Replied:

Life is hard right now for everyone, no matter how it looks, and I think that self care and self kindness are so crucial! When things get stressful for me, the perfectionist monster sometimes rears its ugly head, and it has done just that recently. I actually LOVE both music practice and being physically active, but what happens is that a day will be overwhelming in some way that gives me less time to do a "perfect" workout or practice session, so I will just do nothing; so I forced the issue in insisting that I get in at least 15 minutes on those kinds of days. In reality, I will do more than that, but this actually works to get me back in the groove and affirm that 15 minutes is better than no minutes.

Time Out (Alex) Replied:

I'm in again. I got green for October, I think that was a first for me. Hope to do it again for November. I really want to take care of myself. No one else is going to do it for me, it's all up to me!

Jeanne- CE! Replied:

I will get my practice and exercise in, and report back if I do not. The weather here is beautiful (sun and highs 60s-70s, lows 40s-50s) and I am trying to get out in it as much as possible!

I am thankful for this, my favorite time of year, with beautiful weather, changing leaves (sort of ), and special times ahead, even if the special times look very different this year!

Lyn💛 Replied:

I am ready to go! I will take time today to do things that feed my soul. This is my focus for the month. This is also my favorite time of year. Our new trees that we planted are a beautiful red, the air is cool and our grass is finally growing in. Life is good, time to start enjoying it!

Today I am grateful for the beautiful autumn color I am blessed to be able to see.

Jeanne- CE! Replied:

I am grateful to have been graced with everything that I truly need.

Lyn💛 Replied:

Today I am grateful for downtime.

Jeanne- CE! Replied:

So grateful for laughter!

Lyn💛 Replied:

Today I am grateful that my son is home to visit.

Jeanne- CE! Replied:

Thankful to know WHOSE I am, and that one politician will not make or break my groove!

Lyn💛 Replied:

Today I am grateful that I live in this country, even when sometimes our choices aren't the best. LOL

Jeanne- CE! Replied:

Grateful for my job and its diverse and loving environment.

Lyn💛 Replied:

I am grateful for the amazing group of people my family has surrounding us.

Sharon VA Replied:

I am thankful for the opportunity to have more time to focus on my health and wellness.

Time Out (Alex) Replied:

I'm thankful for my family!

Jeanne- CE! Replied:

Thankful for my BFFgirl Di, shiner of Light and show-er of Love, on this her BirthDAY!

Lyn💛 Replied:

I am grateful for my son, he is a blessing in so many ways to so many people.

Jeanne- CE! Replied:

So grateful for my home and those within, including house guests and visitors.

Lyn💛 Replied:

I am grateful that my grass is finally growing in.

Time Out (Alex) Replied:

That's funny Lyn!

Jeanne- CE! Replied:

I am grateful for music vibes!

Lyn💛 Replied:

I am grateful for beautiful sunrises and sunsets.

Jeanne- CE! Replied:

I am grateful for my loving and loyal husband.

Lyn💛 Replied:

I am grateful for friends showing up to help my son demo his house, no strings attached, just showing up to help.

Jeanne- CE! Replied:

So grateful for my wonderful chosen family!

Lyn💛 Replied:

Grateful my son is home for a long visit. In a while I may be grateful when he leaves. haha I'm kidding.

Jeanne- CE! Replied:

I am grateful for the splendor of nature and my connection to it.

Lyn💛 Replied:

I am grateful for my close bond with my daughter.

Time Out (Alex) Replied:

I'm thankful to my health, even though I haven't been kind to it with this excess weight.

Jeanne- CE! Replied:

Thankful for safe travels.

Lyn💛 Replied:

Grateful for beautiful blue skies today.

Jeanne- CE! Replied:

I am grateful for my furfam and the backstories that landed them in our family.

Jeanne- CE! Replied:

Thankful for "small world" connections that I seem to draw in!

Jeanne- CE! Replied:

Made it through week 2 of at least 5 days of practice and 5 days of intentional exercise!

Today I am grateful for my firm foundation of faith and all of the reinforcements that have been and continue to be added in starting from young adulthood.

Jeanne- CE! Replied:

I am grateful for wonderful neighbors.

Jeanne- CE! Replied:

I am grateful to have BFFboy Bob, my chotwin, in my life.

Jeanne- CE! Replied:

I am grateful for the beautiful, sunny, mild autumns where I live.

Lyn💛 Replied:

I am grateful for my dear friends who check up on me when I disappear.

Jeanne- CE! Replied:

I am grateful for chofam Tim, who I can trust implicitly with my wellness.

Lyn💛 Replied:

I am grateful for good news about my son.

Jeanne- CE! Replied:

I am grateful for my childhood friendships that are still so strong and so loving.

Lyn💛 Replied:

I am grateful for evergreen trees that give us some color when all the other trees have lost their leaves.

Jeanne- CE! Replied:

I am thankful for this site and those involved, and how it all continues to contribute to my goal of lifelong wellness.

Lyn💛 Replied:

I am grateful for my dog who is finally starting to adjust to in town life.

Jeanne- CE! Replied:

I am thankful for silliness and how good it makes me feel.

I also made my week's quota of days of practice and days of intentional exercise, and am learning that these things that I love do not just happen naturally because of perfectionism and focusing more than is truly healthy on DOing vs. BEing.

Lyn💛 Replied:

I am grateful for mornings when we don't need to set an alarm clock.

Jeanne- CE! Replied:

I am grateful that I have this whole week off.

Lyn💛 Replied:

I am grateful for SYD and all the true friendships I have made here.

Jeanne- CE! Replied:

I am thankful for a cozy day at home.

Lyn💛 Replied:

I am grateful for my new home.

Jeanne- CE! Replied:

I am grateful for clean and plentiful water.

Sharon VA Replied:

I am grateful for improving mental and physical health.

Lyn💛 Replied:

I am grateful for laughter and that I have so much of it in my life.

Jeanne- CE! Replied:

I give thanks today for all of my heart and soul connections.

Jeanne- CE! Replied:

I am grateful for unstructured time.

Sharon VA Replied:

I am thankful for a tiny loss the morning after Thanksgiving. I haven't had that happen very often.

Jeanne- CE! Replied:

I am grateful for people who not only are great at but also love doing things in areas that I am not gifted whatsoever.

Lyn💛 Replied:

I am grateful that my kids have good friends in their lives.

Jeanne- CE! Replied:

I am thankful for holiday merriment, creatively adapted for the times.

Also made my week quota of at least 5 days each of music practice and intentional exercise.

Lyn💛 Replied:

I am grateful for this beautiful planet we all live on.

Jeanne- CE! Replied:

I am grateful for the hope of better days ahead.

Lyn💛 Replied:

I am grateful I get to experience the beauty of snow.

The opinions expressed on this forum may not represent the opinions of StartYourDiet.com. Please consult your physician to determine the weight, nutrition and exercise levels that are best for you.