JOIN FREE!
  << Back to the Index
OP Contact Card Symbol

User Competition: New You in 2020

Alicia

This thread is for discussion about the user competition: New You in 2020 - which runs from 01/01/2020 through 12/31/2020.

Lyn💛 Replied:

I'm in!

Time Out (Alex) Replied:

I'm in! By the end of 2020 I will weigh in the 130's! That is my goal and I will work has hard as possible to make that happen. That will be the new me! Excited! Thanks for starting the competition.

Alicia Replied:

By the end of 2020 my goal is to be in onederland.

Lyn💛 Replied:

Alex, I have the same goal!

Alicia Replied:

I weighed in for today! I'm up just a bit but here goes nothing!

Lyn💛 Replied:

Nope, this year is going to be different! We are all going to kick some serious butt!

deb Replied:

I don't usually join these groups, but hey! It's a new decade ~ time to try something new! I'm in!

Jeanne- CE! Replied:

I'm not official, but would like to chime in! I'll do a little damage control tomorrow morning, and we'll take it from there

Thulz💕 Replied:

I'm in!!
I AM RELEASING 100LBS THIS YEAR

My first primary task is to stay logging these weights and making sure I never fall below the line...regardless of whether the numbers are up, down or sideways.

I'm going to remove the story that logging my weight here is a schlep or "out of my way" because it literally takes 2 seconds...it's really not that hard.
The real story is that if I am not consistently logging my weight it is because I am indulging in unconsciousness.

Thulz💕 Replied:

Oh... And HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYBODY!!

Alicia Replied:

I'm going to log my weight (no matter high, low, or the same) at minimum 4 days a week. Weekends are difficult for me because I work.

Jeanne- CE! Replied:

I will weigh in every day that I wake up in my own home and can use my own scale, regardless of any likely unfair gains that will happen due to late eating or lack of sleep.

Time Out (Alex) Replied:

I'm ready. No losses yet, but I'm doing the right things so I will just stay focused and keep marching forward.

Lyn💛 Replied:

Yeah, I find that if I am not logging my weight it usually means I am not in a good way and that is a slippery slope. That is why I made the commitment to log it no matter what. And I know there will come a point that I will resist this but I have made it public so you all can hold me to it!

Time Out (Alex) Replied:

The good, the bad, it doesn't matter we are here for one reason. Success! Health!

We will just keep on tracking and motivating each other. I can't wait to see our numbers at the end of the year. Let's focus it's 2020...get it 20/20 vision...focus.

Thulz💕 Replied:

Oh the 2020 vision puns have started... I can see it quite clearly! Lol see what I did there

Time Out (Alex) Replied:

No wonder we get along so well!

deb Replied:

I just weighed myself today, and after 3 months on my Whole30, I have lost 33 lbs! I intend on losing at least 50 more pounds this year!

jenny Replied:

I dont do competitions as I find the pressure on myself makes me gain not the opposite but good eating to all who are in, I will weigh when I am in my own home and continue to weekly weigh at my group.

Time Out (Alex) Replied:

Deb that is awesome! Great job, the 50 will be no big deal!

Time Out (Alex) Replied:

Jenny, I think you need to look as you are just competing with yourself. I don't care if I don't get the gold trophy, I most likely will not. I just have my 50 lbs or so that I want to lose this year. If I lose that then I already won the gold in my heart. I do these competitions because I love the motivation and thoughts we all give each other on here, not to compete with anyone else. At least that's how I feel. I hope this helps you feel better about these competitions. Even my weekly one's, I don't care if I'm on top or the bottom, I just want to see a 1 lbs loss!

Lyn💛 Replied:

I'm the same way, I could care less about winning and it does not bother me to "come in last" because to me it isn't a competition, it is just a way of keeping my goals front and center in my mind. And when I see others doing well it is encouraging. it reminds me that it can be done!

deb Replied:

I will soon turn 65 and I feel pretty good that I am FINALLY taking this weight loss thing seriously. I feel so much better after losing 33 pounds. I can't even imagine how I will feel when I lose another 20 or 30 lbs!

jenny Replied:

I am not the slightest bit competitive with anyone, beating others is not my issue. My issue is with myself, if I enter a competition I become too stressed with myself, I am the same with setting goals I cant have set goals it makes me not go down!

Strange I know but it's my psyche, nothing I can do about it accept go with it. I will continue to weigh daily and go to my group weekly.

Lyn💛 Replied:

The mental aspect of this is SO important so you do what works for you. I used to be like that with the green dots, if I gave it to myself at the beginning of the day it was like my inner child took it as a challenge to make sure I would not earn that green dot. It took me a while to change that.

Time Out (Alex) Replied:

Whatever works for us all is what matters! Lyn, I like the comment about the inner child, that's me sometimes!

The opinions expressed on this forum may not represent the opinions of StartYourDiet.com. Please consult your physician to determine the weight, nutrition and exercise levels that are best for you.