JOIN FREE!
  << Back to the Index
OP Contact Card Symbol

User Competition: Let's go Green in 2020

Sue Ellen

This thread is for discussion about the user competition: Let's go Green in 2020 - which runs from 01/01/2020 through 12/31/2020.

Sue Ellen Replied:

Here we are of a New Year. I see already green dots are coming on. This week however you may see me with not so many as I will celebrate my 72nd Birthday Tuesday and have already started the celebration with Red Lobster. Cake and some ice cream later for Tuesday. Then after this week will get more serious with my plan. Patience with me SYD buddies. Only once a year you have a Birthday. Let's keep in touch though of our progress.

Lyn💛 Replied:

Happy Early Birthday Sue Ellen! Enjoy it!

Jeanne- CE! Replied:

Happy BirthMONTH, Sue Ellen!

Sue Ellen Replied:

Finally getting to check in with my SYD buddies. I had a rough week to say the least as hubby wanted me to celebrate through the week end as well. Overall since Jan 1st I have a gain of .3 as of today's weigh in. Now come the test to see what I will do from here on out. I did have a success as there was an ice cream sale for 1/2 gallons and I past it up. Wow that so far was an accomplishment for me since I am addicted to ice cream. My Cheetos are still around some. Next test to get rid of them. Anyway glad to have a few SYD buddies on here and thanks for the wishes. Truly are appreciated.
So let this year be the Year of Vision on what we see for ourselves in our lives.....

Lyn💛 Replied:

Well done on passing up the ice cream sale! One step at a time.

Sue Ellen Replied:

So far no 1/2 gallons of ice cream and Cheetos have gone as of Friday night. Now becomes the test on if I can keep this going. Do have some pretzels but not into them as much. Still not losing like I would like but not really eating correctly. Trying to get back on a cooking schedule. Let's keep in touch.

Lyn💛 Replied:

You can keep it going!

Jeanne- CE! Replied:

Sue Ellen, That is a great plan of yours to just not have those things in the house. I relate to many of the challenges that you have expressed. For me, getting rid of trigger foods was crucial at first, telling myself that it was just a trial, nothing permanent. I know that everyone is different and what works for one may not work for another, but I did have certain foods and beverages that I just did not want to give up. For many, it works to be all-in on something for 21 days, no matter how hard it is; and know that it is always a choice. Once I did my "one month only" eat-clean trial, I was hooked! Now those trigger foods that I couldn't live without sound awful to me. Don't get me wrong, I fall into holes just like everyone else; but the longer I eat clean, the smaller the holes are and the quicker to repair. It is actually a joy for me to eat clean, most of the time anyway!

I love this site and how the support here helps so many to walk the wellness talk. Keep up the determination; you can definitely do this!

Sue Ellen Replied:

Jeanne, thanks for sharing. I may just try stopping my trigger foods for a certain length of time and see if I can continue on longer without them. I must confess when stress enters in I go for the Ice Cream. Glad it is not alcohol I'd be in real trouble.
May you keep on your journey as well. Blessings to you

Sue Ellen Replied:

Wow.... I can not believe it that I am in first place with Green dots. Come on FB buddies and join in. I know my eating is not that great to be in first place but the numbers on the scale says I am doing somewhat ok.

The opinions expressed on this forum may not represent the opinions of StartYourDiet.com. Please consult your physician to determine the weight, nutrition and exercise levels that are best for you.