JOIN FREE!
  << Back to the Index
OP Contact Card Symbol

User Competition: December Determination: Destination Wellness!

Jeanne- CE!

This thread is for discussion about the user competition: December Determination: Destination Wellness! - which runs from 12/01/2020 through 12/31/2020.

Jeanne- CE! Replied:

I will be kind to myself as I keep up the wellness routine that I know works for me, while enjoying all of my special people, occasions, and traditions, even if in a new way. Nothing can squelch Light, Love, Hope or Joy without my permission!

I will increase my silence and meditation and decrease negative screen time, guarding time for fun communication, music making, and creative time in the kitchen, and all the things that truly matter.

Lyn💛 Replied:

I am figuring out a new morning routine for my new way of living and am trying to focus on self care.

Jeanne- CE! Replied:

I am more determined than ever to live well, BE well, and STAY well. When the pandemic hit, I made that commitment to not go off the rails with too low quality or too high volume of food, because that's when my body invites DIS-ease. I definitely have my wide road treats and eats, but nothing excessive. Please join me in the effort; I love wellness company!

Thulz💕 Replied:

The title of this competition grabbed me

I am determined to not write off December along with 2020. I am not aiming for Perfection but for Progress. When I look at my general track record, 20 Green Dots for December will be a huge improvement and will definitely signify progress

Jeanne- CE! Replied:

It's actually a bit easier in some ways to stay away from junk this holiday season, because people just aren't setting out candy bowls and home made goodies; and if they do, I'll steer clear for lots of reasons; also (sadly though) no social situations to navigate. There are exceptions however, and I will for sure enjoy what is important to me!

Lyn💛 Replied:

Yeah, I kind of feel like this December is going to be a lot different, at least around here. No parties, no family gatherings. But still, I need to focus on doing well, not just not doing bad.

Jeanne- CE! Replied:

Well said, Lyn, and so true!

Jeanne- CE! Replied:

Definitely determined to walk the wellness talk in all areas.

Jeanne- CE! Replied:

This week I'd like to sing with intention more- as in actually practice. Also currently alternating serious stretch/pt/yoga days with getting outside for brisk walking. We have great weather this time of year: lows upper 30s-mid40s, highs mid50s-upper 60s, maybe even low 70s.

Lyn💛 Replied:

We are supposed to have a mild winter so I am hoping to get some walking in myself.

Jeanne- CE! Replied:

I need to decrease negative screen time, which I am not doing enough of. I unintentionally got a little sucked in this weekend, and noticed the difference.

Jeanne- CE! Replied:

Today is supposed to be in the mid 70s, so hoping to get out for a nice bike ride after work; and maybe even a little music making and some creative kitchen time.

Lyn💛 Replied:

It's supposed to be nice here too, high of 61! I hope to get outside for a walk but have a long list of things that need to happen first so I'm not sure it will happen.

Jeanne- CE! Replied:

Hoping to get outside again and do more music like yesterday. That was great!

Jeanne- CE! Replied:

Rainy here, so pt and lots of stretches, music, and kitchen puttering (breakfast cake and paleo protein pancake mix) will sparkle me up and keep me well!

Lyn💛 Replied:

We are going to be in the 60's again, which is crazy for us this time of year.

Jeanne- CE! Replied:

Getting outside today; it's chilly but absolutely gorgeous. We still have beautiful leaves on some trees.

Jeanne- CE! Replied:

More merry music today, and some therapeutic holiday prep time in the kitchen.

Jeanne- CE! Replied:

Music, one batch of cookies: baking and decorating. Doing a trial run of being masked and gloved for the baking, as an abundance of caution; and now that I think about it, it will eliminate sampling along the way, lol!

Lyn💛 Replied:

HAHA the silver lining of wearing a mask

Jeanne- CE! Replied:

Making music is a must! Also enjoying holiday times of planned wider road and some paler green dots; remaining mindful though. I am very careful to only say yes to treats that really matter, and most of them don't.

Jeanne- CE! Replied:

Music: both listening and practicing. It's nice to have some unstructured time to get lost in it. I need it!

Lyn💛 Replied:

Music is a must!

Jeanne- CE! Replied:

More music today; goes without saying these days but worth mentioning...and more merry masked and gloved baking for neighbors, along with our planned allotment lol!

Jeanne- CE! Replied:

Music, getting outside, and a favorite of our holiday traditions tonight.

Still needing less news; it is just too upsetting and controversial, but hard for me to walk away from for some reason. No more for today; I'll start there!

Lyn💛 Replied:

It does feel really good to remove yourself from it.

Jeanne- CE! Replied:

Music will do it for me today!

Jeanne- CE! Replied:

Recording music at my church to be popped in to future online services, attending a drive-in recorded performance of The Messiah by Voces8 tonight.

Lyn💛 Replied:

That is a great idea to pre-record music!

Jeanne- CE! Replied:

More baking, more music!

Jeanne- CE! Replied:

Music and the great outdoors; predicted high of 70

Lyn💛 Replied:

Mid 50's here and loving it!

Jeanne- CE! Replied:

More of the same: baking and music; need more singing! Also enjoying and always benefitting from meditation; today's really brought me joy!

Jeanne- CE! Replied:

Making a safe delivery of cookies and gifts for chofam Erica and her fam will do my heart good!

Jeanne- CE! Replied:

It's all good!

Lyn💛 Replied:

Enjoying a chill day with the kids.

Jeanne- CE! Replied:

Taking time for self care and surrounding myself in music vibes.

Lyn💛 Replied:

Self care here too.

Jeanne- CE! Replied:

Get out in nature with G; temps predicted above 70 again, which is crazy even for us!

Lyn💛 Replied:

Making elderberry syrup at the moment.

Jeanne- CE! Replied:

Music, getting outside, catching up on snuggling with Chaz, wonder cat of the universe!

Jeanne- CE! Replied:

Music, randomness!

Jeanne- CE! Replied:

A random cozy day at home with the ones I love.

Jeanne- CE! Replied:

Did pretty well overall this month with the wellness balance. It does help to get outside and to decrease negative screen time.

Today is another cozy day, and we will ring in the new year in our tradition of enjoying a clean feast, relaxing, watching movies, and spending the night at BFFgirl Di's. Di is like a sister to both G and me, and we decided when the pandemic hit, to consider both of our homes as family homes, and not to socially distance or mask in each other's homes, as we are all careful rule followers and can trust each other implicitly- HUGE blessing!

Lyn💛 Replied:

That was a smart call, Jeannne!

The opinions expressed on this forum may not represent the opinions of StartYourDiet.com. Please consult your physician to determine the weight, nutrition and exercise levels that are best for you.