JOIN FREE!
  << Back to the Index
OP Contact Card Symbol

User Competition: Weekly Weight Loss - Results 04/17/2021

Time Out (Alex) πŸ’‹πŸ†β™₯

This thread is for discussion about the user competition: Weekly Weight Loss - Results 04/17/2021 - which runs from 04/10/2021 through 04/17/2021.

Time Out (Alex) πŸ’‹πŸ†β™₯ Replied:

New week. Don't forget to weigh in.
I gained a little this week, and I think it's a salt thing. So I hope to have a 2lbs loss this week to make up for that 1lbs over night gain. I actually feel great this morning so it's kind of weird to see a 1lbs gain.
Oh well, this will not change anything. Head up and keep on moving.

Jeanne- CE! Replied:

Alex, you are right to keep on keeping on, which is hard! But the important thing is how well you are, and how vibrant as a result. Even in maintenance, I still have the occasional two pound spike out of nowhere, that takes a week to go back down, and sometimes a big drop out of nowhere; so for me the true measure is my own assessment of what wellness is, and if that is happening. You are a true inspiration!

Lynβ€οΈπŸ’›πŸ’šπŸ’™πŸ’œ Replied:

I hope to have a 3 pound loss this week. I'm dreaming big.

ThulzπŸ”₯πŸ”₯πŸ”₯ Replied:

Joining you on this one
Also goigg for 3lbs

Alex, I realized this past week that so many other things can affect the number on the scale. I've been having the worst insomnia and I would just wake up with a 2lb gain on the nights i didn't sleep and it would be gone again the next day if I slept without any changes in food and movement.

Jeanne- CE! Replied:

@Thulz, the sleep factor was key to my weight loss...even more so than the biggies of food quality and quantity, exercise, and hydration. Sleep/rest deprivation was one of the last things I addressed while losing weight, and it was not until then that I was able to lose weight and finally get to goal after 35+ years.

Thulz & Jeanne I'm glad you mentioned this because I woke up this morning with a 1.8 gain. I also did not sleep most of the night so that actually makes me feel a little better about it.

deb Replied:

I haven't been sleeping well either.....and I have had a weight gain. Interesting.....

Until now I've never understood why some experts would say if you have to choose between sleep and exercise - choose sleep and that sleep and hydration could make or break your weight loss progress despite how clean you think you are eating.
I had yet another sleepless night last night and after giving up trying to force matters, I found this very interesting article (shared link at the bottom of this) - a light but insightful read about what happens hour by hour at night to various organs and also emotions, symptoms and some tips.

@Jeanne I really love hearing about your experience because you've gone through the entire journey of losing weight (and the emotions that go with it), got to goal and are keeping maintenance and it always excites me when you confirm some of the stuff the rest of us stumble across on our way along the journey

https://empowerchiroacu.com/empowered-living-blog/why-do-i-wake-up-at-the-same-time-every-night

Jeanne- CE! Replied:

Thank you for the kind words, Thulz! I see all of us as always being on the journey, and I still have some of the same struggles. With practice and repetition of what I know makes me feel the most vibrant, the stumbles are now not as hard, and happen less and less frequently. Believe me, I can still eat my emotions like nobody's business!

You know I had a bad night sleep from Friday to Saturday so that might explain my 1lbs increase. Slept well Saturday to Sunday and I lost the 1lbs. Makes total sense to me.

By the way I found a very yummy tea that helps me sleep soundly. When I drink it before going to sleep I have a good night, when I don't, not as good. Even my Fitbit records the difference.
Link below.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07SX552NZ/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Thanks Jeanne! I feel like I'm in a really good place and I realize at this moment how I need to just stay focused and not worry about little ups and downs.

How's everyone doing?

I've lost my weird 1lbs gain and then some. Moving along down just the way I like it.

Good for you, Alex! I'm still working on my strange gain, got most of it off but still some to go.

@Alex I finally managed to get around it, details on my blog if you're interested. Natural remedies were not working and also ordering anything from the US has become near impossible since covid.

I'm happy to report that after finally getting relief from the chronic insomnia I managed to make a few key health changes and I lost the 0.2 I gained and a further 2.4

So you modestly say 1lb and then some? When I checked I see an incredible 4.4 lbs!!! That is really amazing Alex!!

Also noticed you are topping the charts for the ALL IN Annual challenge.
Watch me chase you down and catch up

Jeanne- CE! Replied:

Alex is mastering the art of sticking to her wellness routine whether or not the resulting successes manifest themselves in weight loss, keeping a positive attitude, doing it anyway, and reaching out as needed: a great example of how to get to goal and Maintenance!

Thank you ladies! I so appreciate the comments. I think I've been working the hardest I have ever in my life, with a real good outlook. I know if I just keep at it, the end result is going to be success. It has taken me years to get here, instead I always wanting results now, but realistically I learned that I'm going to have ups and downs and as long as I keep at it, it will pay off.

Yes Thulz, I did lose over 4 lbs this week and I can even see it. I've had to go through my closet and get rid of some clothes and pull out bins of the others. I'm waiting for you, come and catch me girlfriend. I need a partner in busting this scale. Lets go!

Jeanne, thank you for the kind words, you guys really do support me here, something I don't get in the outside world. If anything I feel a little jealousy coming from some of the ladies, which I don't get, I like to see other succeed and get to their goals, however I don't get that with other women sometimes. My boys have been saying "Wow Mom you look really skinny"! They are 13 so it's cool to hear that. I picked one up from school early the other day and I was waiting for him outside the office and he walked past me, and when I called out for him, he said "Mom, I didn't recognize you, I thought you were a different lady because you look so much thinner. Wow, Mom you're doing really good". I could have cried I was so happy.
I've lost 32 lbs since September 21st and boy do I feel it.

I am SO SO SO happy for you Alex! And I would like to be your partner in busting the scale. LOL
I'm trying!

deb Replied:

Way to go Alex! That is great! I

Lyn, the more partners the better!

The opinions expressed on this forum may not represent the opinions of StartYourDiet.com. Please consult your physician to determine the weight, nutrition and exercise levels that are best for you.