JOIN FREE!
  << Back to the Index
OP Contact Card Symbol

User Competition: Weekly Weight Loss - Results 06/19/2021

Time Out (Alex) πŸ’‹

This thread is for discussion about the user competition: Weekly Weight Loss - Results 06/19/2021 - which runs from 06/12/2021 through 06/19/2021.

Time Out (Alex) πŸ’‹ Replied:

My goal is to break this plateau. So losing 2 lbs would do it. I'm a little over it now, and I'm starting to get a little anxious about it. I've been working so hard and not to see anything happen is a little upsetting. But, I will not give in. Head up!

ThulzπŸ”₯πŸ”₯πŸ”₯ Replied:

That is definitely demoralizing Alex especially when you know you're doing everything on point.
What are you planning to do differently to break thru it?

My goal is 5lbs... to get back to a loss for June.

Lynβ€οΈπŸ’›πŸ’šπŸ’™πŸ’œ Replied:

My plan is to undo last weeks damage and move on from it. I'm still in a good place so I should be able to do it.

Thulz, So I started doing Jillian's Biggest Loser Last Chance DVD this week. I figured I would change up the exercise a little. I also had two slices of pizza! I was actually told to do that for one day. I didn't gain an oz. My husband told me today, that I should be losing weight soon, because he's noticing a change again. Usually he says something to me and about 3 days later I start losing again. I hope he's right. I'm starting to fit into size 8's so I think I'm building muscle. I just hate seeing the scale at the same weight for the last 3 weeks. It's a little discouraging.
I will stay on point though!

Lynβ€οΈπŸ’›πŸ’šπŸ’™πŸ’œ Replied:

Alex, I know it is frustrating but I have learned that (as long as I am on track) when I see a stall on the scale I see a movement in my measurements. When I see a stall in my measurements I see a move on the scale. I measure on the 1st and the 15th every month (thanks to Peggy!) and it has helped keep my sanity. Obviously none of this holds true when off track. LOL

ThulzπŸ”₯πŸ”₯πŸ”₯ Replied:

I was actually going to suggest that you eat a little bit more but I backed off lol

I agree with the suggestion of measurements especially seeing how much you're working out! Size 8?? Wow! Do adults fit into size 8s? That's really incredible!!

Thanks Lyn! I haven't measured at all, but I obviously know I've changed, and my clothes. I just didn't do it and now it would be hard for me to even know, plus I have no idea where my measuring tape is. I guess I should buy a new one.

I read something that Plateau's can last 6 to 20 weeks, I almost threw up. I'm going on to week 4 of weighing the same, I'm done now.

Ok, I lost a 1 lbs. I'm not getting too excited just in case, however I haven't been this low in a long time, so I hope I finally broke that horrible plateau. Fingers crossed I don't gain over night.

@Thulz - I think the pizza helped. I don't remember the last time I ate pizza, and guess what, I enjoyed every bite of it and it warmed my soul. And I'm not even a pizza person, but I was the other night and no guilt.

Jeanne- CE! Replied:

@Alex (and anyone else whose weight is stuck), I think we may have visited this idea before, but are you getting adequate sleep/rest? That issue was my weight loss stopper, and I did not get to goal until I got a grip on the rest issue. It was the weirdest thing: I could be spot on in every area but that, and the weight did not move down; then once I got a handle on it, I lost the weight, even if other areas were not spot on. I would have never believed this if it had not been my personal experience.

Jeanne - Yes, I was getting my normal sleep pattern. I've read that it's normal to have a plateau after eating low calorie high intensity work out for 6 months. I think my body just needed a little change.

I think I broke my plateau, I lost another 2 lbs this morning. So I'm super happy, as I lost 3 lbs this week and that is 3 lbs since May 20th!

Jeanne- CE! Replied:

Great news; so happy for you!

The opinions expressed on this forum may not represent the opinions of StartYourDiet.com. Please consult your physician to determine the weight, nutrition and exercise levels that are best for you.