JOIN FREE!
  << Back to the Index
OP Contact Card Symbol

User Competition: Weekly Weight Loss - Results 07/17/2021

Time Out (Alex) πŸ’‹

This thread is for discussion about the user competition: Weekly Weight Loss - Results 07/17/2021 - which runs from 07/10/2021 through 07/17/2021.

Time Out (Alex) πŸ’‹ Replied:

This week I will fight for a huge loss.

I gained so much I need to lose what I gained and my 1lb! So I basically need to lose 4lbs

Lynβ€οΈπŸ’›πŸ’šπŸ’™πŸ’œ Replied:

Yeah, I had a jump up on the scale this morning. Not earned but there so it has to be dealt with.

Jeanne- CE! Replied:

This was unfair/unexplained weight gain week for me, but I know what to do.

ThulzπŸ”₯πŸ”₯πŸ”₯ Replied:

I will fight for a huge loss this week. I don't know the number...it just has to be.

I'm right there with you Thulz!

Let's all fight for that huge loss this week. I woke up this morning almost 1lbs lighter. Although keep in mind, that is gained weight not a real loss! But I'm happy it's going down.

Jeanne- CE! Replied:

I try, not always successfully, to see a loss as a loss no matter where it started.

Jeanne- CE! Replied:

Keep in mind that stalls and gains on the weight loss journey are not always about some shortcoming in food and exercise choices; they may simply be our bodies trying to tell us something that we may not want to hear as we plow and power through our own way. My weight has dropped back down, and I now realize that my body was giving energy to fighting off a mild cold, and now that it has a grip on that situation, decided to drop that bump up on the scale.

Be kind to yourself when you are doing the best you can...and you ARE!

Thanks Jeanne!

I think my body was actually going through some hormonal thing. I think I'm entering the early stages of menopause and around 2 weeks after my period I sometimes go through a lot of cramping and bloating. Not always, every few months this happens. As soon as the cramping got better my body started dropping. So I agree, our bodies are some how protecting us from whatever is going on. I lost another 1 lbs from yesterday and had a horrible night sleep. I don't feel as bloated either. I agree to be kind to yourself. A few months ago I would have thought it was all my fault but now I realize that as long as I'm treating my body how I should be, things will happen with time.

I'm in a holding pattern, my body is just not cooperating. But just as you said, Jeanne, I feel like it is focusing on something else at the moment. I'm still doing great with food, I do know I need to up my water and my exercise has been sporadic so I need to get more consistent with that too.

I agree 100% Jeanne.
As you guys know I'm an avid student of the brain and physiology I will add this...

While we might not want to hear this, weight loss is the last thing on the body's priority list when other things are out of sync because it views those things as a threat to your survival. Meaning if you're not well, there's a chance you will not be able to go find food so it needs to protect fat stores as you will need them for survival.
We are no longer threatened by saber tooth tigers and do not need to hunt for food anymore...but the body processes the stress of a wild animal and that of excel documents the same

This is why even though stress and sleep do not have calories, they can actually prevent you from losing weight.
For me, Fitbit can also be quite helpful in that if your Resting Heart Rate increases for no reason and you Heart Rate Variability (HRV) drops, that is quite helpful in telling you the body is busy with some healing crisis and all you need to do is stay the course

Yes Thulz, I have really loved watching my fitbit stats, it shows me how my body is reacting to things. I was shocked enough to see how having a glass (or bottle...) of wine messes with my sleep, and not just for that night, it can be an entire week. But when I got my second shot it was crazy watching my numbers. They still aren't right which is why I know my body is doing other things. And once I get back to normal from that I am really going to try and pay attention to how stress affects my numbers. I have always known I don't lose when under stress but now maybe I can help myself out a little and see what does it and what helps.

The Fitbit stats are amazing and I too enjoy seeing the better numbers in my health stats. It's great to lose weight, however to me it's better to see that I'm finally out of Obese. My resting heart rate used to be 75 and now it averages between 62-65. I also wear my to bed, I have a comfy band for sleep and I like to see those numbers as well. Fitbit is definitely a must for me.

I'm finally used to sleeping in it, at first I hated it but I love the stats so much I am willing to put up with it.

So when I made my goal 4 lbs, I truly thought it was going to be impossible. Well I lost 4.8 this week. It includes the 3 I gained plus an extra 1.8! I'm so happy. I did work hard this week for it and I increased my water by an extra 1 liter a day, so most days I was drinking about 138 oz a day. I can truly tell you that it gave me more energy. I will continue my extra water this week as well and of course this weekend.

good for you, Alex!!!

Well done Alex that's excellent!!!
Goes to show we don't really know our limits because we hardly test them

The opinions expressed on this forum may not represent the opinions of StartYourDiet.com. Please consult your physician to determine the weight, nutrition and exercise levels that are best for you.