JOIN FREE!
  << Back to the Index
OP Contact Card Symbol

User Competition: July Weight Loss Total (lbs)

Lynβ€οΈπŸ’›πŸ’šπŸ’™πŸ’œ

This thread is for discussion about the user competition: July Weight Loss Total (lbs) - which runs from 07/01/2021 through 07/31/2021.

ThulzπŸ”₯πŸ”₯πŸ”₯ Replied:

I'm in. Time to make some serious progress.

Time Out (Alex) πŸ’‹ Replied:

Here! Ok, I'm going to be dramatic for me, but I want to lose 10 lbs this month.

Lynβ€οΈπŸ’›πŸ’šπŸ’™πŸ’œ Replied:

I'd like to lose at least 10 but so far it has been a struggle. I mean, I've been effortlessly on track but the weight is not responding how I think it should be.

Knock on wood. LOL. That was NOT a challenge to the universe to knock me off track.

I have my big trip to Europe in September and I would really love to be 20 lbs lighter then I am now. I would be super happy with 15 lbs less as well. So I'm really going to try and stay on point, but like you Lyn, sometimes my body just doesn't respond to all that I do. So we will see!

So far I'm up 2 oz this month! Not going in the right direction. I'm eating more veggies as a side item instead of carbs. Lots of water too!

Have just been a bit blah. Am on the tail end of my 9 day long visits from TOM/Aunt Flo/Japan...love how many words we have for periods hehehe

Need to get my sh*t together.
I also need a dramatic loss for July - I said I would finish the sleekgeek challenge strong and considering that I have made very little progress in 3+ weeks, I better finish strong. I am not going to quit this time

Sooo 20lbs it is

Jeanne- CE! Replied:

In the spirit of solidarity, never ever ever give up, and that's what we all need to do almost all of the time! So many determined ones here lately! But keep in mind that these unfair weight gains and stalls will happen: I've been consistently on track and maintaining even a bit below goal; yesterday was a bright bright green dot day, and I woke up after a nice sleep-in to a gain of 1.2 lb! But it is never the healthy response to get off track, which only adds negativity to negativity. As a teacher of teens, this to me is like giving in to some unreasonable demand of a teenager i.e. it gives instant gratification in the moment, but complicates things working out healthily in the long run; it amazes me how many households are run by the children! So I will keep on keepin' on, and not let my sassy inner teen win the war!

Jean, giving in to the unreasonable demand of a teenager is the PERFECT way to look at it. I need to keep that in my mind.

Jeanne- CE! Replied:

At the learning center where I work, we always joke that bad parenting is why we have many of our students, and even our jobs, lol! So I have to focus on parenting my rebellious inner teen well, especially when it's hard and I don't want to!

"Don't give up what you want most for what you want now." Anonymous

@Thulz, hang in there. I also had a green dot yesterday and woke up with a 2lb gain. I feel bloated, have horrible cramps and I don't even have my period! I also didn't sleep as well. I've had cramping for the last 3 days. Just stay focused and eventually our bodies will release the extra water weight!

@Jeanne, love the teenage mentality. I should keep that in mind, especially since I have 3 teen boys!

"But it is never the healthy response to get off track, which only adds negativity to negativity"
Thanks for this Jeanne and the teenage analogy - it is such a great reminder!

The opinions expressed on this forum may not represent the opinions of StartYourDiet.com. Please consult your physician to determine the weight, nutrition and exercise levels that are best for you.