JOIN FREE!
  << Back to the Index
OP Contact Card Symbol

User Competition: 2021 Let's go ALL IN!

Thulz💕

This thread is for discussion about the user competition: 2021 Let's go ALL IN! - which runs from 01/01/2021 through 12/31/2021.

Lyn💛 Replied:

I AM ALL IN!!!

Time Out (Alex) Replied:

I'm in, all of me!

Thulz💕 Replied:

Welcome and thank you to everyone who is in this challenge!!
We are going to crush it!

The only thing I would like to ask for all of us is to keep logging our weight for the minimum number of days required so as to stay above the line regardless of how we are doing - trust me this can be the game changer needed in keeping focus on our goals and not drifting.

Jenn J Replied:

I'm in. This year is the year I get my emotional/stress eating managed. I know it will always be a factor in my life, I just need to learn how to manage it and not let it control my eating choices every day.

Time Out (Alex) Replied:

Logging my weight. I do weigh myself everyday so this shouldn't be hard for me.

I started January at 180, by Sunday I was 180.6, I almost cried. Almost...but today I was down to 179, so I know the 5 lbs of my December gain will leave.

Thulz💕 Replied:

Excellent, Alex!

And we are all off to a great to the year!!

Jenn J Replied:

Since I have just restarted I'm seeing ups and downs as my body adjusts to changes in my diet and water intake. Today I was up a bit. The day before down quite a bit. I am not going to "stress" over my weight for another week at least while it adjusts.

Thulz💕 Replied:

Jenn I agree, I would say if you weigh in daily like I do, the best perspective is to look at it as data...purely information.

Lyn💛 Replied:

Yes, I have learned that (as long as I am on track...) when the number on the scale gets stuck my measurements are usually changing, and when my measurements seem stuck my weight is changing. It is not a linear thing. So like Thulz said...it is all data, we need to use it as such. Trends are what is important.

Jenn J Replied:

I am happy to say I'm back down again today. I know I ate within my plan. I was hungry when I went to bed, but I didn't eat because I knew I had already eaten as much as I should for the day.

Today, I am allowing myself some comfort foods (pop and bagel with cream cheese) but tracking to keep the rest of my day within my plan. That's the great thing about this process. It has flexibility to allow for these choices when I need to make them. I'm feeling good about being able to make good choices and maintaining my awareness of stress/emotional eating. I chose to allow myself comfort foods but will work to maintain my eating plan also.

These are the new choices I'm making in 2021 and I'm proud of myself for being aware and still maintaining my plan.

Lyn💛 Replied:

Great plan and great frame of mind Jenn!

Sandy Replied:

I was all in... until today. Then a small bag of Doritos happened. Ugh. Back in the saddle again tomorrow.

Time Out (Alex) Replied:

Those damn Doritos!

Sue Ellen Replied:

I'm not good with these type of challenges as % on losses are slow for me to do. I did have a small loss from my Birthday yesterday which I am happy for but with blood work coming Saturday the 9th it helped me to focus on NOT over doing it yesterday to possibly help my results next week on the Lab work. thanks for the invite though. Pray my hubby will get on board.

Jenn J Replied:

Welcome Sue Ellen.

Lyn, just consider the Doritos to be your splurge for the week. Don't kick yourself, just adjust the plan to include them.

Thulz💕 Replied:

Welcome Sue Ellen!
There are two 2021 challenges and this specific challenge called 2021 Let's go ALL IN is a pounds lost not % so that should help.

Thulz💕 Replied:

Just a quick reminder everyone

Please make sure you've got your weight tracked for January 1st and that you have at least 4 days tracked to stay above the line. It doesn't matter whether we are gaining or losing at this point. What matters is that we stay tracking

Remember keeping up is much, much easier than catching up

Lyn💛 Replied:

Yes! I need to track whether I like what I see on the scale or not. Not tracking it doesn't make it go away. It's happening either way, I may as well learn from the trends.

Thulz💕 Replied:

Well said Lyn

Time Out (Alex) Replied:

So true.

Thulz💕 Replied:

Housekeeping Sunday:
I'm not sure if Jan, Sonja and Celie are part of the ONE Year Commitment so I'll leave them alone.

Anna and Diane, could you please join the pounds competition called 2021 Let's go ALL IN and ensure you have tracked a minimum of 8 days

Ladies I know we generally tread lightly around each other here so if any of you don't do well with being called out/reminded please let me know now so that I don't agitate you going forward. I really am fired up about keeping this challenge active for the year as per our pact

Jeanne- CE! Replied:

@Thulz: Great job with all you have put into this already! I'm "all in," in my own way, not officially signing up, but all in to be true to what I know makes me not just live but THRIVE- and do that almost all the time, forward marching when I miss the mark. This is a great thread, and I love seeing everyone's ideas and successes. It's reassuring to not feel alone or judged, especially where wellness ups and downs are concerned! We each need to be here, for some struggles that we all share, and for our own reasons.

Anna Replied:

Hi Thulz, Yes, I have joined in. I am in the 8 day window now. I am committed and I am horrible at staying committed so please feel free to keep me accountable! I will meet you "there". I feel that I also need to make myself accountable and am putting a multitude of systems in place!

Good luck to each of us, one minute, one decision at a time for the next 365 days, more or less

Thulz💕 Replied:

Jeanne yes we always recognize and appreciate you as an honorary member of our competitions especially if they are weight based
You inspire me bc you are the very definition of Showing Up and Consistency

Thulz💕 Replied:

Anna awesome I see you now. If you've already tracked 8 days then maybe you just need a weight for the 1st of January. It will keep you below the line until that first day is tracked

Lyn💛 Replied:

PLEASE call me out if you feel I need it! I am good at pulling the wool over my own eyes...

Melinda Replied:

Feel free to kick me in the butt if I need it!! A shock collar might help ;-)

I have been good about logging weight this month. I am committed to this for the next year!!

Melinda Replied:

Feel free to kick me in the butt if I need it!! A shock collar might help ;-)

I have been good about logging weight this year. I am committed to this for the next year!!

Anna Replied:

I finished my part of the SYD Commitment. I pledged to Jan 20, 2022 but it can end at the end of the year for whoever wants to.

I found that the easiest for the blog was to copy/paste to it from here. If you want a pdf or to make it your own to print, you can copy/paste into your own program. I did it on goodgle docs and i have it on pdf if you want me to email it to you.

Its another tool in our tool box.

Start Your Diet Friends Resolution
365 Day Commitment to Our Best Selves

20 January 2021 / Today I Turn My Page / Best Life Best Weight Best Health

2021 Let's go ALL IN! SYD Members
My Friends & God, help me listen to my Higher Self as you and I make changes in my life that will allow me to live a free, useful and happy life. Help me to not find fault with all that I do and with those who cross my path. As I continue to stay on plan, help me be released from the cravings for food that are not in my best interest. Help me learn that food is to nourish my body so my spirit can carry out your plans for me and all of the goals that I have for my life. Help me be compassionate, trusting, forgiving, loving and kind to myself and others. Amen
Ultimate Goal
I, __________________ plan to Lose _________ Maintain _______ Gain _________ by January 20, 2022. If I reach my specific goal, I will be very pleased but if I go in the right direction or maintain it I will also count it as a positive marker. My Goal Weight is _____.

I recognize the benefits to my health and commit to:
Join the SYD "Let's Go All In " competitions (weight loss and weight loss percentage)
Post to the message threads for the All In 2021 competition(s) at least once per week.
Blog once a week and comment on at least 1 Resolution 2021 SYD Blog.
Exercise and Eat according to our own specific plans that will help us reach our goals.

Rewards along the journey to My Best Weight :
Improve my energy ; Lower my cholesterol ; Reduce my blood pressure
Reduce aches and pains ; Improve my sleep ; Improve my breathing
Decrease my risk of a heart attack ; Decrease my risk of a stroke
Help prevent or manage Diabetes ; Increase my life expectancy
I, _______________, hereby promise to work towards losing weight and work towards being my best self. I'm making this commitment to myself and ______________ to make right now the perfect time to choose to commit to the next 365 days to get healthy. I am ready to transform my body. Signed ______________________________ Date________________________

Jenn J Replied:

Copied mine to my blog so I can reread it when I need to.

Anna Replied:

I got through Day 1! My only goal is to stay on track food wise and to walk those 10K Steps. Oh, and no CNN today. Time to let the US have a minute to turn their page as well. I have not listened to Canadian News in months. We have our first case of Covid in my hometown. The husband worked away and brought to the town next to us but she works at the local post office part time. She passed me my parcel two days ago so I have had direct contact. I am trying to not worry. I have been very careful and isolated 98% of the time for the last several months. It would be a really you know what if I got it from going and getting my mail. Its hard to imagine how everyone who passed from this horrible disease were also living their noarmal lives before getting it. A scary world we live in... I hope everyone has a good safe day and the getting into your best self zone happens for you today!

Thulz💕 Replied:

Alright. With one week left in January I have two questions for all of us:
1. Are you where you wanted to be by now?
2. What is ONE goal (process or outcome) for the last week of January to make you feel like you ended the month on a positive?

I'll start:
1. I'm slightly behind where I wanted to be
2. If I lose 3.3lbs for this last week I'll be back on track

Melinda Replied:

1) I would be happy with 5.5lb loss for January. That would keep me on my plan.

2) So that means I will lose 1.5 lbs this coming week!

Lyn💛 Replied:

1. I am pretty far from where I wanted to be but can honestly say I have stayed on track and my clothes are fitting differently so something is happening.
2. As long as I keep up with what I am doing and don't self sabotage out of disappointment I will feel like the month as a whole has been positive.

Thulz💕 Replied:

Love it Melinda and Lyn

Let's finish the month strong!

Jenn J Replied:

1. I will get outside and walk at least 10 minutes each day. This will help with steps and my mood as being outside always brings me calm feelings.

2. I will be more diligent about tracking. I've allowed myself little treats, but haven't always tracked them.

Thulz💕 Replied:

Love it Jenn!

Anna Replied:

I am trying to stay n the present even though I am not totally on track with my food. I went to the grocery store today and got some fresh vegetables that I actually like and will attempt a planned diet that I actually enjoy. Its a 3 week diet that makes my road a little less wide. I am eating well but to be honest, I think I am eating a little too well, lol. My portions are decent but i am having too much food all together I think. Not losing as I should be... So lets see what February brings. Still getting a decent walk in so I am happy with that. I found a one way walk that should get my 10k steps in tonight. I will try it tomorrow. Instead of stopping at the end of the sidewalk I can walk around our community senior apartments and go on a secondary road and back up to the sidewalk It should be close to my desired steps. That's it for now. I did not gain this January and I am still below 170 so I am ok with that!

Lyn💛 Replied:

How is everyone doing? I am presently stuck scale wise but happy with my state of mind and my being able to easily stay on plan. I know my scale will get the hint soon and begin to cooperate.

Anna Replied:

Doing ok! Up on scale because of a new scale adjustment but that's ok. Trying to stop the sugar ride when I fall off the wagon as fast as I can!

Melinda Replied:

I'm doing OK too! Diet not always perfect, but I am seeing progress. Progress not perfection, right?

Lyn💛 Replied:

Progress is the only way we make it to goal!

Jenn J Replied:

January saw a loss of over 5 pounds. I am so happy t see a loss this first month. This next month will be a challenge to see how my plan goes

Thulz💕 Replied:

January was a bit of a damp squib as far as what I personally wanted to achieve.
I am ending the month with a 3.3 lbs loss so that's not a total wash.

I did start drifting a bit BUT the beauty of this check in is that I am catching myself before it spirals out of control. So I would say that part is working

Jeanne- CE! Replied:

Its fun sensing all of the wellness wheels turning, and things clicking into place. There will always be those off days for each of us, but one small wobble only needs a minor mental adjustment, not a major overhaul. @Thulz,you are spot on that it is key to catch it before it spirals out of control.

Time Out (Alex) Replied:

My month only ended with a little over 2 lbs loss. Not what I was aiming for! However, I wasn't doing terrible, I think I've just been a little stuck. It's ok, I will make up for it in February.

Jenn J Replied:

I'm excited to have had 2 days of mindful but relaxed eating. I had pizza, fish and chips and a hamburger. Even so I held fairly steady on my weight and only went up .2 pounds.

Time Out (Alex) Replied:

Going down, ever so slowly. But still not moving the way I feel it should be!

Jenn J Replied:

I had a slight gain yesterday. I was hungry and chose to eat foods that weren't the best choices. I'm back on track today.

Lyn💛 Replied:

That's all you can do, get right back on track! We are humans, we will never be perfect.

Thulz💕 Replied:

I just love how we all so PRESENT. I really believe that all this awareness and focus will really help us get to where want to be.
We are here to assess and tweak rather than always starting from scratch.
I think we are winning, Y'all!!

Melinda Replied:

I agree, we are going to do this!!!

Anna Replied:

I think we are winning because even if we have a bit of a blimp (which I had for two days) --- we are coming back, speaking our truth and moving on from it. We are not sitting on it and making it the beginning of an escape route. Which let me tell you is difficult for me.

I wrote on my blog last night about my two day hiatus. Wow, trying to do and be your best is hard work somedays. But little steps in the right direction and a whole lot of support from all of us "SYDERS" might just get us through.

I even seen my resolution certificate on the side of the fridge yesterday and I never even seen it with my minds eye since I put it there two weeks ago. lol I guess it was telling me to pick up my big girls panties and get myself together. lol

What I learned --- no one can bring food in from the outside unless I tell them I can handle it and 99% of the time I won't be able to. Three people brought food in for either themselves or me and it through me off. White bread, sugar cereal and meat pie (two pieces - which I ate both). I have very very limited control of my food intake situation. Maybe it will get better but right now I am I full on carb and sugar addict and must treat it with the respect that it deserves. This is what I have learned. Multigrain and even whole wheat bread will not trigger me but white bread will. My mixed cereal and bran cereal will not trigger me but sugar cereal will. And dad brining me two pieces of something when he says he will bring me one doesn't work either. VAluable lessons. To the reader it may all sound silly but it is where I am at.

So today is a new day. I am back down .7 of a pound so I am going in the right direction. I will eat right today. I feel that I am present.

Here is to our commitments for a best health day.

Lyn💛 Replied:

Not silly at all, Anna!

Jenn J Replied:

Anna, this is why we have this thread. It's to be open about our struggles so we can support each other as we work through them.

Jenn J Replied:

***Maybe we should start a part 2 of this thread. It's getting rather long and on my tablet it's difficult to scroll sometimes. Any thoughts????

Jeanne- CE! Replied:

I actually thought the same thing, Jenn! I would also prefer the recent posts displaying first on the top.

Anna Replied:

Sounds like a good idea. I was starting to not like scrolling all the way down. If we could reverse that would solve the problem.

The opinions expressed on this forum may not represent the opinions of StartYourDiet.com. Please consult your physician to determine the weight, nutrition and exercise levels that are best for you.