JOIN FREE!
  << Back to the Index
OP Contact Card Symbol

User Competition: Walk to Minnesota

Sandy

This thread is for discussion about the user competition: Walk to Minnesota - which runs from 01/14/2023 through 07/31/2023.

Sandy Replied:

I took Deb's advice and set up a competition to keep track of our steps for us. You are used to doing it that way. I kept it totally seperate from your regular pedometer steps so the only steps that will count are those you enter. You can do it daily or weekly... whatever you want. I will post updates on our walk on Thursdays so make sure you are up to date on Wednesdays. How does that sound?

The down of this is that nothing up to today counts. I guess we all were enjoying Lyn's hospitality and just couldn't get started on our journey. We are setting out today. Let's do this!

deb Replied:

Sounds good Sandy! So do we post our steps in this thread or are you setting it up in the "user competitions" section under "community"? I'm sorry if I'm asking so many questions, I just haven't done many of these competitions so I'm a bit confused!

Lyn❤️💛💚💙💜 Replied:

Sandy, I think that comp will only count tracked exercise days. I think the only one that does a step count is Total Pedometer Steps.

Sandy Replied:

Deb, I would like you to tell me your steps on Thursdays for the prior week... Wednesday to Wednesday.

Lyn... I did it that way because some are only counting their intentional walks and I didn't want the total step count. I figured if I did tracking exercise you would track how many steps you did. Maybe you're right.

Either way, I will ask for a step count on Wednesdays here. Then we will be sure we have it. We are off to a rocky start but I promise by next week we will be well on our way & having fun!

Lyn❤️💛💚💙💜 Replied:

You could set up a Total Pedometer Steps comp and then people could just enter the amount of steps they want to enter. But it would have to have a long date range because this is going to take a while!

Lyn❤️💛💚💙💜 Replied:

You could set up a Total Pedometer Steps comp and then people could just enter the amount of steps they want to enter. We'd have to make a guess as to how long it's going to take for the end date. Or we could just report to you on Wednesdays!

Jeanne- CE! Replied:

It doesn't look like a rocky start to me! Besides, rocky hiking and walking add a little challenge to this long walk.

Sandy Replied:

I'll look at it this afternoon. That sounds reasonable though. We'll get this yet!

Diane Replied:

I've tracked days and I am recording step counts. My intentional step count for doing this is lower right now b/c my hips and legs are killing me so I will slowly increase. I figure if this doesn't help I'll go to the dr to see what is causing this.

Sandy Replied:

I have run this type of competition before but never on this site. There really is no good mechanism to use for it, so I think we will just report our steps every Wednesday for our previous week's steps. Then I will use that to report back to you. It's not much extra work and I think it will work best.

Glad you decide to join us Diane!

So... Please let me know tomorrow. You can just tell me here and then I will make a new message for each week of the competition. We will count this as the second week since you reported to me last week. Diane I will need your total for both weeks.

Diane Replied:

What is the dates we report our steps

deb Replied:

Diane ~ Please see Sandy's post from earlier this morning. It is titled:

Week 2: Walk to Minnesota

The opinions expressed on this forum may not represent the opinions of StartYourDiet.com. Please consult your physician to determine the weight, nutrition and exercise levels that are best for you.