JOIN FREE!
  << Back to the Index
OP Contact Card Symbol

User Competition: 2023 ~ Our Year (weight loss total pounds)

Lynโค๏ธ๐Ÿ’›๐Ÿ’š๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ’œ

This thread is for discussion about the user competition: 2023 ~ Our Year (weight loss total pounds) - which runs from 01/01/2023 through 12/31/2023.

Thulz โค๏ธ Replied:

Last year was the first time I ended the yearly competition with a loss so this year I'm planning on taking it up a notch (or several) and make history for myself

Lynโค๏ธ๐Ÿ’›๐Ÿ’š๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ’œ Replied:

I'm happy for you and I want to join you this year!

deb Replied:

I will join in on this....is it just a thread about ideas & weight loss tips?

Thulz โค๏ธ Replied:

So glad you're joining us Deb!
You're welcome to share anything and everything about your journey

The main aim is to track our weight for the entire year and support and encourage each other while we are doing it
The year long tracking helps when you're feeling stuck at some point and when you look back you see all the progress made
The flip side is that when you keep losing the same 10 lbs over and over you can also see that and get yourself back on track

You may want to join the 2 competitions Lyn created to be able to track

You can join the competition or just join in the chat with us, either way we're happy to have you!

Thulz โค๏ธ Replied:

I wanted to make sure this does not just disappear into the ether and also wanted to leverage all the excitement going on with the W2M (Walk to Minnesota)

How do you guys feel about checking in every 15 days on this thread? This is just to reflect for yourself if you are on track with where you want to be - no pressure. So from the 14 - 16th and 28th - 30th ( the 2 days each is to give everyone in different timezones etc time to check in and I really think the consistency of this will help spur us on and we can encourage each other in the process

I think it would really be amazing to keep track of where we are so we don't repeat the yesteryear mistakes of waking up 6-9 months down the line with no progress and no way to catch up

Sonja, Lyn, Sandy, Peggy, Deb, Francy, Eve, Nutmeg - what do yรกll say? Not forgetting our favorite cheerleader Jeanne! There's still plenty of time for anyone else to join in

Sounds great to me! I really don't want to let another year slip by with no real progress.

Sandy Replied:

Sounds like a good idea! I'm in.

Thulz โค๏ธ Replied:

First check in!
This past 15 days was a very slow start for me and figuring out what I want to change in order to make sure I achieve my goals this year
It has been about putting systems in place and testing. I think it is that way for a lot of us here. It's great to see the progress already posted!

For a start everyone wanting to participate in this can just make sure they are up to date with their weight in the competition itself. Making sure they have a weight logged for 1 Jan and then log at least 8 days so as to be above the line.

If you don't have weight info for the past, you could simply put today's weight for the 1 Jan and 8 days afterwards and use that as a starting point

Remember: 15 days from now will already be the end of January

I've also had a slow start, but I HAVE started so I'm happy with that!

Sandy Replied:

I have a loss since January 1 but not nearly as much as I had hoped for. I think I'm just anxous to get this done!

Thulz โค๏ธ Replied:

Time for our next check -in!!

This might not be as much fun because I see that a lot of us are very much "Oh look a shiny squirrel" Hehehe!

I love the 15 day challenges because they make it very easy for me to see what's what
This will either be a celebration or a groan. It's definitely a groan for me this time around
My story is...and I'm sticking to it...January was a dress- rehearsal. Now it's time for the real work

Francesca Replied:

I'm working on my daily routine as I see that time is my main concern.
I can't wait to have my kids grown up and nothing to do at home and at work. I have to find time for myself right now.
I have to postpone something and I'm beginning to see what is this something. So for now I'm happy since I see some little progress..

Thulz โค๏ธ Replied:

I know exactly what you mean Francy and you're right the timing will never be perfect.
Ha! I used to wish I could pause my life and go to the Biggest Loser house where my only focus would be weight loss for 24 hours a day
I have since realized that, that was not the gift I thought it was because as soon as I got back home I would put it all back on like most the contestants did
The gift is learning to do it in the confines of our lives because then we learn to do it for life.

I've gone and let another month slip by. To be fair, I've had a lot going on, but I need to (and will) do better.

Thulz โค๏ธ Replied:

Lyn I think this awareness is doing exactly what it's meant to, it brings the "pain" of not doing or the obstacles to doing the work to the forefront that it just might spur us to do better for future check-ins
The Groans are worth it lol!

The opinions expressed on this forum may not represent the opinions of StartYourDiet.com. Please consult your physician to determine the weight, nutrition and exercise levels that are best for you.